Spring is here and with it comes sunshine, flowers and the desire to spend time in the garden. It's the perfect time to introduce your kids to the joys of gardening and to let them discover nature while having fun.
Check out these 10 gardening activity ideas to do with your kids in April for fun and educational moments. Turn your garden into a real adventure playground!
Gardening is an exciting and rewarding activity for children. In addition to introducing them to nature and teaching them how to care for plants, gardening can help develop their fine motor skills, creativity and patience. Gardening activities are also a great way to spend quality time with your family and create lasting memories. So put on your gardening gloves, grab your tools and get ready to have some unforgettable moments with your kids with these 10 gardening activities to do in April.
- Sensory Bin to Explore Nature: Give your kids the opportunity to explore the different textures of the garden with a homemade sensory bin. Fill a bin or crate with potting soil, freshly cut grass, branches, flowers and marbles. Let them have fun stirring the soil and playing with the different elements.
- Plant Growth Bottle Man: Create a funny man by cutting out a plastic bottle and adding eyes and a nose. Fill it with soil and sow grass seeds. In a few days, your man will have green hair!
- The Miniature Juice Box Garden : Introduce your children to gardening by recycling milk or juice boxes into small pots to grow plants. Each child can personalize his brick and take care of his own plant.
- Dried Flower Frames for Natural Decoration: Organize an outing to pick wildflowers, then create cardboard frames to display the dried flowers in. Kids can paint the frames for an extra artistic touch.
- Vegetable Garden Labels to keep track of everything: Teach your kids to identify plants in the garden by creating labels from recycled wooden spoons. Paint the spoons and write the names of the plants for an organized vegetable garden.
- Fairy Garden to Stimulate the Imagination: Create a fairy garden by filling a planter with potting soil and plants. Add birdhouses and toys to create an enchanted world where children can let their imagination run wild.
- Growing Lentils for a Quick and Rewarding Experience: Grow lentils with your kids to show them how amazing nature is. This quick and easy activity will have them seeing results in no time.
- Bird Feeders to Attract Wildlife: Make bird feeders out of recycled egg cartons or milk bottles. Children can decorate them and fill them with seeds to attract birds to your garden.
- Pebbles for the vegetable garden for a decorative touch: Paint pebbles with your kids to decorate and identify different plants in the vegetable garden. A fun way to combine creativity and gardening!
- c: Use empty toilet paper rolls to teach your kids how to sow seeds and watch them grow. Fill the rolls with soil, sow a few seeds and wait for it to grow! This is a great way to recycle while introducing your kids to gardening.
Gardening with kids in April is the perfect opportunity to introduce them to nature, develop their creativity and spend quality time together as a family. These fun and educational activities will turn your garden into a learning and fun space for kids and adults alike. So, don't wait any longer and go green with your children!
I was an intern at the editorial office. When I saw their ad for a freelancer, I decided to come back. I'm a fan of series and movies, I spend my weekends at the cinema and my nights in front of Netflix