Dealing with a blocked ear can be a real drag. It's not only annoying but can also be quite painful if left untreated. Fortunately, there are painless tips you can use to unclog your ears and get back to feeling comfortable again. Here are seven of them:
- Olive Oil: Applying a few drops of warm olive oil into the ear can help soften the wax and gently unclog the ear. Simply pour two or three drops of warm olive oil into the affected ear and let it sit for around 10 minutes before draining it out.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Another effective method for unclogging ears is hydrogen peroxide. Mix together equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a small bowl, then apply several drops to the affected ear using an eyedropper. Wait a few minutes, then drain it out.
- Steam: Steam is another great way to clear out clogged ears. Fill a bowl with hot water, then lean your head over the steam while covering it with a towel for around 10 minutes to allow the steam to penetrate your ear canal. You should start hearing better afterwards.
- Ear Syringe: If you're dealing with an especially stubborn blockage, you may need to use an ear syringe. Fill the syringe with warm water, then aim it at your affected ear and squeeze it slowly until you hear a popping sound, which indicates that the blockage has been cleared out.
- Yawning: Believe it or not, yawning can actually help unclog blocked ears. All you need to do is take a deep breath and yawn several times in succession until you hear a popping sound coming from your ears.
- Chewing Gum: Chewing gum can help stimulate the muscles in your jaw and neck, which in turn helps open up your Eustachian tubes and unclog your ears.
- Decongestants: Decongestants such as Sudafed can also help clear out clogged ears by reducing inflammation in the Eustachian tubes. However, these medications should be used sparingly as they can have serious side effects if taken too often.
These seven painless tips should help you unclog any blocked ears quickly and easily. Remember that if none of these methods work or if your symptoms persist after trying them, it's always best to consult with your doctor so they can diagnose and treat any underlying health issues that may be causing your blocked ear.
I am a web editor specialized in people news. I am passionate about the world of celebrity and I love to follow the latest trends, scoops and gossip that make the buzz