If your plastic chairs have persistent stains that you can't get rid of, this homemade tip will allow you to make them look like new and continue using them for a long time.
Plastic chairs are very popular, especially since the arrival of warm weather, both in gardens and terraces at home and when traveling or on excursions. They are usually cheap, light and easy to move from one place to another. However, they stain easily due to their frequent use and stay outside.
Sometimes wiping them down with a cloth or water is enough to remove the dirt. But often the stains are so persistent and ugly that it can be very difficult to get rid of them, despite our best efforts. And while our first instinct is to throw the chair in the plastic recycling garbage can and buy another one, the truth is that there is a trick that allows us to make it look like new and continue using it without having to replace it.
The best part is that it's a very simple trick, for which you'll only need a few craft materials that you probably already have at home. First of all, it is very important to make sure that you remove all the dust and dirt that may be on the chair. For this first step, simply use a dry cloth or dust cloth and scrub until all the dirt on the outside of the chair is removed, even if the stains are still visible.
Tip for cleaning plastic chairs
Once the dust and dirt is removed, you can begin this homemade cleaning method. It is essential to remove the dust first so that it does not spread over the surface of the chair when you clean it, and so that the remedy you are going to prepare will be more effective against stains.
Once the dust and dirt are removed, we can apply a simple home remedy.
Here are the steps to perform the trick to clean plastic chairs, in order:
- Take a bowl and add a cup of white vinegar, a spoonful of toothpaste and a little baking soda, with the aim of forming a semi-liquid paste.
- You will have to mix all these ingredients until you see that the semi-liquid paste takes consistency. If you see that it does not take this form, add a little more baking soda.
- This will create a cleaning solution that you can use on the chair with a sponge or brush. Using this tool, spread the solution over the entire surface of the chair, especially where there are stains.
- Leave the chair in the sun for an hour with the cleaning solution already spread over its surface.
- Take a clean sponge or brush and run it over the entire chair. You will find that it is now much easier to clean the surface and make it sparkle clean. If you want to be even more sure of the result, you can also add a little soap to this step.
- Use a cloth soaked in water to rinse the entire surface of the chair, dampening it again if it's dry, until you've completed the operation on the entire chair.
Once the chair is dry, your eyes will probably see it almost as they did the day you bought it, and you will feel the satisfaction of sitting in it and smelling it after you have made this little effort to restore its shine.
I'm a big fan of short stories about people – I'm a pro at tech and smartphones, serial literature, and writing in my spare time.