For years, Bing was relegated to the back burner in the competitive but lopsided web search engine market. But things changed once Microsoft integrated the power of ChatGPT's AI into the Edge browser with Copilot.
This feature allows us to activate our Outlook account with a few clicks and link it to the Bing session in the browser to access the chat window with the AI.
This process is much more accessible, direct and simple than the steps currently imposed by OpenAI to access its platform, and to top it all off, you can do it from your smartphone community via the Bing app.
So all this is convenient and attractive, but there remains the possibility that the user no longer wants to use this conversation window, which is not absolutely perfect.
Here we show you how to stop using the artificial intelligence of this system in your browser.
How to disable Bing Chat with ChatGPT from your Edge browser
Copilot may seem very attractive and new at first. But as time goes by, we may discover that the experience itself is not as pleasant as it looks.
We constantly feel like we're not using ChatGPT to its full potential, and query results can be redundant or outright wrong, which rarely happens on the original platform.
Bing Chat's Copilot feature, which appears at the top of the right-hand bar when the browser opens, thus has practical utility as a test track for initial experimentation with Artificial Intelligence.
But the best thing to do is, without a doubt, to switch to the original OpenAI system. To disable the Bing Chat icon in Microsoft Edge, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Settings button, the three ellipses in the upper right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on System and Performance.
- Uncheck the “Quick Launch” option.
- Then right-click on the Edge application button in the taskbar and select the “Pin to Taskbar” option.
- Right-click the Microsoft Edge button again and above the “Pin to Taskbar” option, you will see the Edge icon again, right-click it and select the Properties option.
- The shortcut window loads and in the target option, add these lines at the end after a space: -disable-features=msUndersideButton
And that's it, this will disable the Bing Chat button.
I am a student and I am part of the editorial staff of thesilverink.com. I have the chance to enjoy writing, however, I also like to discuss all subjects and especially anything related to Science.