Are you a food lover looking for a delightful dessert that's both easy to make and incredibly delicious? Look no further! This classic Italian tiramisu recipe is the perfect combination of rich, creamy flavors and a delicate, airy texture. Follow our simple guide to creating the ultimate tiramisu experience that you and your loved ones will adore.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur (optional)
- 2 (7-ounce) packages of ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Prepare the custard: In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk the mixture until it becomes thick and creamy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the bowl from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Combine the custard and mascarpone: Gently fold the mascarpone cheese into the custard mixture until smooth and well combined. Be careful not to overmix or the mascarpone may become too runny.
- Whip the cream: In a separate bowl, whip the chilled heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the custard and mascarpone mixture until fully incorporated.
- Assemble the tiramisu: In a shallow dish, combine the cooled coffee and coffee liqueur (if using). Quickly dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture, making sure not to soak them too long, as they will become soggy. Arrange a single layer of dipped ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9×13-inch serving dish or a large trifle bowl.
- Layer the cream: Spread half of the custard and mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers. Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers on top, followed by the remaining custard mixture. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate: Cover the tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
- Serve: Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with a generous layer of unsweetened cocoa powder. Use a sharp knife or a cookie cutter to cut individual portions, and serve chilled.
This easy and delicious tiramisu recipe is sure to become a favorite among food lovers everywhere. With its heavenly combination of creamy mascarpone, rich coffee-soaked ladyfingers, and a dusting of cocoa powder, this indulgent dessert is the perfect way to treat yourself and your loved ones. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to create a truly unforgettable tiramisu experience. Buon appetito!
My name is Maggie and I'm a writer for thesilverink.com, a website dedicated to news, culture and lifestyle. I have always been passionate about writing and I decided to make it my profession by becoming a web editor. I work on counterpoint.info and I mainly take care of the lifestyle section. I like to share my discoveries and my favorites with the readers, whether it's about fashion, beauty, decoration or gastronomy.