Are you tired of going to the gym to lose weight and sculpt your figure? You should know that there are less strenuous and exhausting alternatives, such as walking. However, in order to obtain results, it is not enough to walk any old way. You have to follow a methodology and respect some basic rules.
Walking is a complete and beneficial exercise for our body, helping to control problems such as overweight, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease or Stress, among others. It burns calories, activates cardiac circulation, controls cholesterol, blood pressure and glucose levels, while improving muscular response and respiratory, intestinal and sexual functions.
The 6 steps to effective walking
To walk properly and get quick results, follow these 6 essential steps when walking. You'll see that it's possible to lose weight without intensive training:
1. Choose the right clothes and shoes: This may seem basic, but it's essential to avoid unpleasant friction that could prevent you from walking properly and put you off the activity. Choose breathable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes and socks.
2. Walk regularly: To lose weight, walk at least three times a week, ideally more. Each session should last at least one hour.
3. Control your speed: Try to walk at an average speed of 3 miles per hour or a little faster if you can. Remember, this is walking, not running or jogging. Take time to adjust if you are just starting out.
4. Monitor your heart rate: Use an activity bracelet to track your heart rate and pulse while walking. It should be between 60% and 70% of your maximum heart rate. The bracelet will also help you monitor time and speed.
5. Vary the intensity of walking: Alternate between different intensities and include complementary activities, such as walking up and down stairs.
6. Use good technique and posture: Keep your back straight to avoid injury, avoid long strides and maintain a natural, but faster pace. Don't walk looking down and control your arm movement.
Remember to warm up and stretch
Before and after each walking session, it is essential not to neglect the warm-up and stretching. By following all of these tips, you will see that although walking may seem like an easy exercise, it is necessary to follow these recommendations to obtain visible and beneficial results for your health. You'll be thankful for it!
In summary, walking can be an effective way to lose weight and improve your overall health, as long as you follow the right techniques and tips. So go ahead and start incorporating walking into your routine today to reap its benefits!
I am a student and I am part of the editorial staff of thesilverink.com. I have the chance to enjoy writing, however, I also like to discuss all subjects and especially anything related to Science.