A six-year-old boy from Florida died shortly after being bit by a rabid bat. The boy’s doctors declared that once rabies symptoms start to emerge, the disease takes a deadly turn in most of the cases. Milwaukee protocol therapy did not improve the child’s condition.
Rabid Bat Captured by Boy’s Father
Henry Roque of Eustis, Florida recalls seeing a bat flying around the family’s porch. Out of concern for his family’s wellbeing and their pets, Roque decided to dispose of the bat. The man told the reporters that after capturing it, he placed a bucket on top of it and specifically told his son, six-year-old Ryker Roque not to play around with it.
But then, children will be children, and Ryker went ahead and lifted the bucket to take a closer look at the bat his father capture. The child withdrew his hand quickly and ran towards his father that the rabid bat scratched his hand.
Roque told the reporters that he searched on Google what to do in case you are bitten by a bat and told his son to rush to the bathroom and wash his hands with plenty of soap and hot water for at least five minutes.
The father intended to take the son to the emergency room but abandoned the idea after the boy told him that he doesn’t want to get any shots.
A week later, Ryker started experiencing some strange symptoms like numbness in his fingers and a terrible headache. Fearing the worst, Roque took his son to the local hospital.
He told the doctor’s that an allegedly rabid bat might have bit his son. Despite the treatment he received, including the experimental Milwaukee protocol, the six-year-old boy passed away at the hospital several days later.
Roque’s parents set up a GoFundMe account in the hope of raising the money necessary for covering the boy’s hospital expenses and funeral arrangements.
Image source: FreeStockPhotos