According to the World Health Organization (WHO), mental health encompasses all aspects of our well-being, whether social, physical or psychological. So how can we boost our self-confidence and improve our self-esteem?
What is self-esteem based on?
Self-esteem is a state that is built up from an early age, influenced by the expectations our parents and guardians have of us. Over time, we integrate values, learning and beliefs that shape our concept of ourselves. However, it's not always easy to maintain this emotional balance and confidence.
9 phrases self-confident people repeat
According to Harvard Medical School-trained psychologist Dr. Cortney S. Warren, there are nine phrases that people with high self-confidence and self-esteem tend to say. Here's what they are and why they're important:
1. “No”: People with high emotional security have no problem setting their limits and saying “no” when something doesn't match their values or doesn't suit them.
2. “Let me think before I answer”: Confident people are not impulsive and take the time to think about their answers in order to express themselves appropriately.
3. “I don't feel comfortable with this”: These people always communicate their needs in a respectful way, setting the boundaries of respect.
4. “I'll work on it”: A confident person is open to change and improvement, seeking to make their human relationships and self-image better.
5. “This is who I am and I'm proud of it”: Admitting corrections doesn't mean having regrets, but rather being true to oneself and one's convictions.
6. “Am I like this?” : Confident people never take criticism personally, and use it as a way to grow and improve.
7. “How can I help you?” : A confident person is a strong support for those going through difficult times, showing empathy and understanding.
8. “It's important to me”: When making decisions, a confident person will always defend his or her values and convictions, without compromise.
9. “I'll try”: Self-confidence is closely linked to optimism and perseverance. Confident people don't fear failure and accept challenges with motivation.
By saying these phrases regularly, you can boost your self-confidence and self-esteem. Don't hesitate to adopt them in your daily routine and observe the positive changes they can bring to your life.
I am a student and I am part of the editorial staff of thesilverink.com. I have the chance to enjoy writing, however, I also like to discuss all subjects and especially anything related to Science.