Tech giant Samsung launched the S6 and the S6 Edge smartphones on Monday, expanding the company’s flagship Galaxy series.
Analysts say the new smartphones can give tought fight to rival Apple Inc.’s iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 plus smartphone ranges, which were launched last year in September.
According to the company, Samsung Galaxy S6 will come with the price tag ranging between Rs 49,900 and Rs 61,900; and the Galaxy S6 Edge will cost between Rs 58,900 and Rs 70,900.
The gadget crazy people, who have been impatiently waiting for the launch of the new Galaxies, will be able to buy their choice of phones from April 10.
Here are the key specifications of both Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge:
- Both smartphones comes with a 5.1-inch 2K (2560×1440 pixels) AMOLED display.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 has been launched in four basic colors: white, black, blue, and gold. But the Galaxy S6 edge will be available in white, black, green and gold colors.
- Both the Galaxies are made of metal and glass. Metal frame can be especially seen at its edges.
- Samsung has installed Exynos 7 chip Octa-core processor in both the smartphones that is clocked at 2.1 Ghz and 1.5 GHz respectively.
- Both Galaxies carry 3GB RAM.
- Galaxy S6 has a 16 mega-pixel primary camera with a 5 mega-pixel front camera.
- Both phones are likely to be launched in the market with Lollipop, the latest Android operating system.
- Both Galaxies will be available in three variants: 32GB, 64GB and 128 GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 will have a battery of 2550 mAh, while Galaxy Edge S6 will carry battery of 2600 mAh.
- Both S6 and S6 edge will support wireless charging.
- Settings menu of both the devices are expected to be more simplified than previous Galaxy models.
- Both phones come with preloaded Microsoft apps and Samsung Pay.