The first thing to know is that there is no such thing as a miracle diet. Getting started on weight loss is a difficult and tedious exercise, especially for those who have never dieted. Patience is required, as well as a good diet and regular physical activity.
The latter does not mean that you have to spend hours and hours in the gym, as there are different routines that you can do without leaving your home that will give you great results. In addition, to start a healthy routine, there is one food that you must completely eliminate from your diet if you want to get optimal results. But what food is that?
Sugar: the “white poison
This is sugar. If you manage to eliminate it completely from your diet, you can lose up to five kilos in a month. To do this, it is essential to stop consuming sugary drinks, pastries, industrial products, etc.. Otherwise, weight gain is guaranteed.
Eating healthy does not mean eating only lettuce and tomato salads or being hungry all the time. Taking care of your diet during the most important meals of the day, such as breakfast, can produce surprising results in the short term. There are plenty of low-calorie foods that are an essential ally to help you stick with and snack on between meals.
As an example, here are some tips that will help you lose weight:
- Eat hard-boiled eggs mid-morning: they are satiating, contain protein and are low in fat.
- Nibble on nuts, seeds and fruit: they provide energy and are healthy.
- Drink water before meals and snacks: they reduce the feeling of hunger.
- Eat lentils and beans for breakfast: they keep you full until the next meal.
- Give up diet drinks: they cause sugar cravings.
- Spice it up with curry: it burns more calories.
- Drink coffee: it increases the metabolic rate and uses more stored fat as an energy source.
- Sleep seven to eight hours a night: this helps regulate blood sugar levels and maintain the balance between hunger and appetite hormones.
- Vitamin D: increases fat burning.