The quest for the perfect colors to complement fair skin can be daunting, but fear not, as stylists have some recommendations to share. According to certified image stylist, Elizabeth Kosich, finding the right color palette takes finesse.
She advises finding a middle ground in order to achieve a balance that doesn't overwhelm the skin. In order to help you do just that, Kosich and her fellow stylists have compiled a list of the eight best colors to flatter fair skin.
1. Navy blue: As an alternative to black, navy blue provides a bold and classic power-neutral that won't overpower fair skin. Those with warm undertones should reach for brighter navy blues, while midnight blues are perfect for those with cool undertones.
2. Neutrals: Fair-skinned individuals tend to shy away from neutrals, but stylists suggest that lighter, exotic shades such as taupe, pewter, and stone are actually very exciting against fair skin. Pairing these shades with bold colors will make fair skin stand out without washing it out.
3. Earth tones: Colors like camel and light brown provide gentle contrast against fair skin, creating a warm and natural look. These shades make for versatile options, allowing you to embrace warmth and depth all year round.
4. Olive green: Olive green is a deep hue that doesn't overpower fair skin like other deep colors. Instead, it compliments the skin and enhances appearance. Choose a shade that matches your contrast; dark olive for those with high contrast, medium olive for medium contrast, and light olive for anyone with low contrast.
5. Pastels: While certain pastels can wash out fair skin, pale pastels such as mint green, periwinkle, peach, and soft yellow are actually some of the most flattering colors for fair skin. Pair any pastel with optimal neutrals for a match made in heaven.
6. Watermelon red: Described as the perfect power color for fair-skinned individuals, watermelon red is a neutral medium red that compliments both warm and cool undertones. This versatile hue is both flattering and fashionable.
7. Dark tones: If black or grey is your signature color, fear not, as you can still make these colors work with fair skin. Add sophistication and elegance to your look by accessorizing with gold jewelry or pair dark tones with jewel tones for the perfect balance.
8. Jewel tones: Jewel tones like emerald green, sapphire blue, and amethyst purple provide a beautiful contrast against fair skin, adding vibrancy and depth. These shades are best suited for those with cooler undertones and add a pop of color to any wardrobe.
My name is Maggie and I'm a writer for thesilverink.com, a website dedicated to news, culture and lifestyle. I have always been passionate about writing and I decided to make it my profession by becoming a web editor. I work on counterpoint.info and I mainly take care of the lifestyle section. I like to share my discoveries and my favorites with the readers, whether it's about fashion, beauty, decoration or gastronomy.